Comment on page
yiume’s approach to fashion unlocks an unprecedented level of ownership over one's clothing.
- 1.full responsibility on the manufacturing methods
- 1.you have the option to have your clothes made without exploiting and abusing workers.
- 2.you can decide on the quality of the material: you finally don't have to buy low quality clothing that wears down after a couple of months
- 2.financial incentives
- 1.having an eye for hidden talent and investing in their designs early
- 2.lend your designs or collectibles to other users for an interest
- 1.collectibles can be rented to mass producers for them to get the benefits while you get the interest for lending
- 3.permissionless decentralised marketplace
- 1.given that anyone will be able to publish their designs, the design catalogue will grow with styles all users can choose from without being limited by one brand
- 2.by creating a separate marketplace for manufacturers, they are allowed to directly compete for the customer. there are multiple benefits to this:
- 1.the manufacturers are incentivised to act in the most ethical and transparent approach - something that has not been achievable until now
- 2.lower final price as this allows more competition worldwide